Nature often seems
and it is –
for a moment.
symmetry abounds –
But look at the blur
beyond the focused flower
Not yet there.
Already past its prime?
Imperfect – less pleasing.
Nothing is in full bloom
we choose to capture
makes all the difference.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post